VIsualiZation and Adaptive Real-Time Storytelling
Welcome to our collaboratorium, where Film Talent and Techies explore the Future of interactive Real-Time Storytelling
– Exploit Real-Time Visualization and Animation Tools
– Explore the potential of Digital Filmmaking
– Research Real-Time Interactive Narratives
– Experiment with Media- and Game Technologies
– Create Adaptive Real-Time Storytelling Experiences
In order to create novel forms of filmmaking and (interactive) storytelling it is essential to acquire hands-on experiences on how real-time technologies can contribute to more efficient and creative productions without increasing the budget.
At ViZARTS, film talents and techies share this knowledge by collaboratively exploring and developing novel engaging forms of storytelling using state-of-the-art interactive real-time media- and game technologies.
The ViZARTS Labs are ‘Exploratoriums’ where participants explore, experiment, test and create new filmic experiences together. Activities include short inspirational HyperTalks, DeepDIve workshops, The ViZARTS showcase cinema and a weekend-long Jam/Hackathon.
At these labs novel technologies can be tried hands-on and filmmakers can meet with technical experts, researchers, game developers, programmers, production designers, students from a wide range of educations and other like-minded enthusiasts from institutions, organisations and businesses.
In total eight ViZARTS Labs will be organized. Participants at the Labs produce short, engaging “micro-productions” that can be experienced on the big screen or other platforms.
These productions will be shown at the two international ViZARTS Summits, which include international guest presentations, demos, workshops and “story-jams”
If you want to get updates and invitations for the ViZARTS Labs, please let us know here:
ViZARTS is powered by:
– The Nordisk Film Foundation
– The SMILE Lab (Samsung Media Innovation Lab for Education)
– Aalborg University, Copenhagen
– FilmWorkshop / Copenhagen
– The National Film School of Denmark
– Truemax Copenhagen Academy
– The Danish Technical University (DTU Compute: Image Analysis & Computer Graphics dept)
– Academy of Fine Arts, School of Design
– Interactive Denmark
– Amunet Studio